Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Windy Day's

I happened to stop by the beach today on the way to work. It is Tuesday May 13, 2014. The wind's have been picking up lately as they usually do in early summer. Now is the time to start planning the trips over to the Bahamas! I hope by early June we will see nothing but quiet, calm seas and beautiful days filled with sunshine! The Hollywood boardwalk here in Florida is usually filled with people running down the beach but today I found it pretty quiet. Empty. Serene. Unfortunately my time here on the beach was limited as I was already running late to get back into the office. My Jeep Wrangler is in the foreground. Ocean conditions were reported as 2-4 but honestly in the distance they looked to be 4-6 with a short wavelength. The ocean is nothing to mess with on days like this, they can surely be brutal. Just the other day we had a capsized vessel not far offshore here in Florida due to a 12 foot wave coming out of nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment