Monday, January 16, 2012

Since the weather has been a bit chilly in South Florida, I have not spent much time on the water this week. As Saturday and Sunday rolled past us, I did not want the weekend to slip away without at least going out for just a little bit. It would have been a great day to be out on the boat but my brother spent most of the day doing some upgrades to our open fisherman which came out great! Being one of the lucky people to have Monday off, I took advantage of the situation. I called my friend Jose and decided to see if he wanted to hit the water for a bit (Did not take a lot of convincing, he's always ready to hit the ocean!) We fueled up ($48 for me this time as I still had some fuel left over from the other adventure)and met up for a day on the water. I had just put on Yamaha FZR seats on my Yamaha FX HO so it was a good opportunity to see if they held on just like expected. Enjoy the pics and video!




Cruising around the no wake zones I still had a fuel tank on the Yamaha FX HO. Eats considerably less gas then its supercharged counter parts. I chose this model primarily for its 18+ gallon fuel tank. While it is expensive to fill up, it gives me the range I was looking for and the stability in the ocean. I considered the Kawasaki 300X but its reliability was questionable and still is. There have been a few issues with blown engines etc. 15PSI of boost from the factory can really take a toll on a motor.

Jose in his battle gear. We wear 1/2MM or 1MM in colder temperatures. Today's forecast in Miami called for a low in the 50s and a high in the low 70s so it turned out to be great! It was a little bit overcast as you can see but we made the most of it. We made sure to wear our Save Phace masks.

As we got past the no wake zones we were greeted by a beautiful sky. I have to call today a success.


We went out into the ocean near government cut in Miami, today's marine forecast called for 3-5 with 20MPH gusts. It was pretty accurate as we got a little bit offshore. Near the shore it was pretty calm.


These are our skis, 2009 Yamaha FX HO and a 2011 Yamaha FZ-S




I took a couple more shots of the sky just because it looked absolutely beautiful. I love nature and it shows in most of my photographs.


And before we made it back to Haulover Marina we saw a great photo opportunity, the sunset.



I would like to thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment