Saturday, January 7, 2012

Key Biscayne Lighthouse Tour 1/7/2012

After a long work week I decided to hit the beach today and just enjoy the beautiful South Florida weather. I drove south to Key Biscayne ($1.50 toll road) and entered Crandon Park ($8 per car). Not only is this park filled with great beaches but there was a place that I always wanted to check out. Even though I have lived in Miami for exactly 20 years I have never had the pleasure of going up into this historic building. On many of our jet ski rides the lighthouse finds its way into the pictures so you may have seen this building before. Entrance to the lighthouse is very limited and luckily I arrived just in time. Here are the pictures.

To get to the Lighthouse you must first take a stroll down the board walk. It is filled with fishermen and provides a great view of all of the boats exiting the bay on their way to Stiltsville and the ocean.

The water was clear today so I knew I would find some great views from the Lighthouse

Here it is at just under 100 Feet

As you walk up the never ending staircase you get hints along the way of the view you will get on the top

A look at the staircase

As you reach the top the build date is stamped right into the wall

And the views from up top...(I'm also scared of height's so it was a hmm pleasant experience)





And this is all the way at the top, the actual light


And that is the conclusion of today's tour... tomorrow we hit the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment