Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 4, 2012

After I awoke this morning I realized that I'm already half way through the work week, this is great news! The ocean looks absolutely beautiful today but its 43 degrees out there in Miami and a bit colder as you move up the eastern coast. This usually never happens in Miami, let alone the state of Florida. This past year has been a bit different to say the least. Ocean conditions have been quite unpredictable. Last summer when I rode my jet ski to the Bahamas, we faced 4-5 foot seas out in the gulf stream and 2-3 in the bay. I will share those pictures with you guys one day. Winter time usually brings the toughest waves and the coldest temperatures but the ocean has been nearly flat the past few weeks and just 2 days ago the temperatures finally dropped into the 40's. This past weekend everyone was swimming at the sandbar and enjoying the water. Here is a picture that I took from Ft Lauderdale Beach's permanent webcam.




If you are ever interested in seeing our ocean conditions at anytime, check out this website www.seemiamilive.com. It gives you a live look as to what is going on out there. A very good resource to have for anyone traveling to the area or fishermen alike. I never really relied on NOAA statistics because even when they said 20mph gusts were present and 3-5 expected I went out there only to find out that the ocean more closely related to a lake. A live look is a much better tool and honestly much more accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment